Posted in: Journal0 Comment(s)
Posted by Abbey on Apr 11, 2017
I was recently asked to take part in a 20 things about me on Instagram and I would
normally totally ignore shy away from anything that involves tagging - but I like the person who tagged me and I thought it might be fun - so here you go - there are lots of things about me already out there - so I've picked some quite personal details.
1. I’m very lucky that my parents instilled in me from a young age that I can do and be whatever I set my heart on and they totally encouraged my curious and creative mind. I have to understand the how and why and am a bit of a Hermione Grainger. It makes learning new things a lo-ong process but 2017 is the year I'm learning lots of new hobbies -but am keeping them to myself for now
2. I am the youngest of 3 - I have two brothers (
I think that’s why I’m so competitive).
3. My parents personalised everything for us - you name it had my name on it - I think thats why I love the personalised trend so much.
4. My family nick name is Tabitha (and variations thereof - Tibby, Botty - basically anything except my actual name) - which is Abigail Mary-Louise Warner.
5. I didn’t take a traditional career route (is there such a thing?) and joined the Royal Navy on my 18th birthday (so I don’t have a formal design background - even though I now have a Degree it’s not design related and I don’t think it’s necessary to have formal training in design to be good at it).
6. I was in the Royal Navy Showjumping team and had an accident whilst training for an event - which ended my Naval career (and my riding one - as I never quite recovered my nerve #boo) and my left arm can only move at 30% of its capacity.
7. I have a very frank, open and honest personality -
sometimes a little too honest #nopokerface
But I like to think that my personality - is the reason I have the most amazingly loyal and wonderful gang of fabulous girlfriends - who would have my back for anything, and me them #passthespade
9. I am not a natural blonde - my hair is a deep mahogany (
10. I adore leopard print and always have a splash of it (and rose quartz, citrine and moonstone) about my person.
11. I love super luxury - but equally love the great outdoors getting muddy and windswept in our camper van (he’s yellow and called Eric after Bananaman).
12. Staffordshire Bull Terriers are my favourite four legged friend - I’ve had two and I absolutely hate how judged and misunderstood they are.
13. I love white (if you’ve followed me for a while you probably know that already!) add splashes of gold, pink and green and I’m in heaven. My head is a pretty hectic space and I find that having a white canvas interior both at home and in my studio makes the noise in my head a little quieter (I also have tinnitus in my left ear so am literally speaking here!).
13. I live in a lovely Victorian terrace in the centre of Derby - we can never park the car (I walk or catch the train most places) and our garden is small - but we love it. It’s a 15 minute walk to my studio and in less than 5 minutes the other way you can be out in the countryside. I live with my boyfriend Liam, who is a web designer and our dog Matilda.
14. Cheese is my favourite food (Feta and Wensleydale specifically and very closely followed by the humble potato -
in any form) and I will always pick the cheese board to finish dinner.
15. Whispering Angel is my favourite tipple - if you haven’t tried it you have to immediately!
17. I have a bath every single day without fail (always with Epsom salts to detox and my favourite candles lit) and then cover myself in Tom Ford Black Orchid - which everyone always comments on - totally recommend if you’re looking for a new scent
18. I have a pretty fabulous Chanel collection (and general gorgeous handbag collection -
I could probably start one of those hire services)
19. I’ve had a Vogue subscription since I was 13 and am pretty obsessed with fashion - but if you see me on a day that I’m not upto anything but work - you may be forgiven for thinking otherwise
20. My favourite places in the world are my home, the Amalfi coast which feels like home having been a family vacay for-like-ever - and I'm lucky enough to visit every year, Paris where we had our third official date - which is why it features so heavily in our interiors, the Seychelles which I absolutely adore for a real holiday and London town which is actually my favourite city in the whole world.
So basically I couldn't fit this all on Instagram - which is why I decided to add a blog post and which is essentially why I don't get involved in things like this on social media -
I've got too much to say.
Images at PaperFest by Top Drawer from Alison McGuire